Handling of personal information
in power generation business*1
SB Energy Corp. (hereafter, the "Company") will handle personal information collected directly or indirectly in the course of operations of the Companys business (hereafter, the “arget Business” for both individual and collective business) in the following manner.
- *1"Power generation business" means the Company's power generation businesses other than the multiple photovoltaic facilities installation business (as defined in Article 8, paragraph 1, item (vi) of the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Act on Special Measures Concerning Procurement of Electricity from Renewable Energy Sources by Electricity Utilities), which the Company implements jointly with other business operators.
1. Purposes of use of personal information
The Company will use personal information received from customers to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes of use listed below. Whenever using the relevant personal information for any purpose other than any of the following purposes of use, the Company will clarify, notify or publish the amended purpose of use, or obtain prior consent from customers:
- Certification of Renewable Energy Power Generation Plan and maintenance related to individual certification under the Act on Special Measures Concerning Procurement of Electricity from Renewable Energy Sources by Electricity Utilities (Act No. 108 of 2011) (hereafter, the "Renewable Energy Special Measures Act");
- Conclusion of different type of contracts (including, but not limited to electricity supply and demand contract) with an electric power company, as well as maintenance and management related thereto;
- Conclusion of contracts for the acquisition and maintenance of rights to use such as land lease, superficies easement, or ownership, and rights incidental thereto, as well as maintenance and management of contracts related to above contracts, with regards to this business;
- Disclosure of contract contents which include personal information, or provide personal data related to these individuals, in response to the inquiry from our business partner or financial institution who provide funding related to this project, as well as maintenance and management of each contract with those parties mentioned above;
- Installation, safety and maintenance of electrical facilities and other equipment as well as repair of defects etc.;
- Various research on, analysis for and preparation of statistic data on the amount of power generation, electricity sold or usage of supplied electricity, as well as provision and disclosure of these research result, analysis result and statistic data (including provision of information as anonymously process information );
- Action such as making contacts for the purpose of prevention of accidents and incidents, etc. associated with the target business;
- Record and store detail information for the purpose of responding to customers inquiry or action against exercise of rights as well as improving customers satisfaction related to such action;
- Any business incidental to or related to any of the foregoing.
2. Limitation of Provision to third parties
The Company shall not provide personal information received in connection with the Companys business activity to a third party without consent from the person except the following cases;
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
However, the following cases are not considered as provision to a third party.
- In the case where all or part of the handling of personal information is entrusted, when the personal information concerned is handled within the scope of the achievement of the purpose of use
- In the case where personal information is provided with the succession of business due to mergers and other reasons
- In the case where all or part of the handling of personal information is entrusted, when the person is notified the fact of joint use, items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use of a joint user and a name of a person or organization responsible for management of the relevant personal information, or put the person in a readily accessible condition for the person.
3. Sharing of personal information
The Company will share personal information received in the course of operating the target business with or among the scope of business operators listed below to the extent when it is necessary:
|Scope of business operator(s) sharing personal information
||SoftBank Group Corp. SoftBank Corp. SB Power Corp.
|Purpose of using personal information for the shared use
||The same shall apply as the purpose of using personal information set by the Company in clause 1 above.
|Personal information items to be shared
||All personal information including name, sex, address, contact information, telephone number received and used by the Company for operating the power generation business.
|Business operator responsible for managing the personal information
||SB Energy Corp.
4. Request for disclosure and correction, etc. of personal information and other inquiries
|Process related to the notice of the purposes of use and the disclosure, correction, suspension of use of personal information etc.
||Please request to the Personal Information Consultation Desk for the "Notice of the Purposes of Use", "Disclosure", "Correction", "Suspension of Use" and "Suspension of Providing the Personal Information to Third Parties" etc. on personal information. The application form and process handbook will be sent to you. Please note that your identification and the completed application form filled with all required columns will be required upon submission. In the case of using an agent for submission, the identification of the relevant agent will also be required. For further details, please read through the process handbook.
We will put through the process after confirming the contents of the submitted documents and verifying the identification.
In the case when we determined that we cannot respond to your request, we will promptly provide a response along with the reasons therefore.
|Fee and Payment
||A fee amount of 1,000 yen (postal money order with fixed amount) will be charged per request for the application on the notice of the purposes of use and the disclosure of personal information.
This "Handling of personal information" clause shall come into force as of December 21, 2012.
- These revised provisions shall apply from October 12, 2018.